Friday, October 27, 2006

Nearing the end

I'm within 20,000, maybe 30,000, words of finishing the first draft of my trilogy. That's probably another two weeks' worth of writing for me, maybe a month if I'm busy with other things. And I'm only about 2,000 words from the beginning of the climax to my tale.

That scares me. I didn't think it would, and I've read where other writers have mentioned this, but I'm scared of completing my trilogy.

Part of me is thrilled .. but I've spent almost two years living in this world, and I realize I still have plenty of editing and rewriting to do on the second and third books.

But still, it's kind of sad. I feel like I'm saying goodbye to some old friends.

I guess that's what sequels and prequels are for, not only for the reader, but for the writer too.

1 comment:

cindy said...

don't be scared! i'd be thrilled if i saw the light at the end of the tunnel--nevermind a trilogy tunnel! =D and yes, you can always go back to the world you created. congrats and happy writing!