Sunday, August 12, 2007

Some more quotes related to writing

"Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else." - Gloria Steinem 

"Write without pay until somebody offers to pay." - Mark Twain

"Planning to write is not writing. Outlining… researching… talking to people about what you're doing, none of that is writing. Writing is writing." - E.L. Doctorow

"The first draft of anything is shit." - Ernest Hemingway

“If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it.” – Elmore Leonard

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." - L. Ron Hubbard

"Stories may well be lies, but they are good lies that say true things, and which can sometimes pay the rent." - Neil Gaiman

"The first chapter sells the book. The last chapter sells the next book." - Mickey Spillane

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative." - Woody Allen

"I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have." - Leonardo da Vinci

No comments: