Saturday, September 22, 2007

Apex Day was cool

So, I finally got to meet Apex Digest editor Jason Sizemore today, which was cool. I couldn't stay long because I had to go to work, but I was able to see a couple of readings from writers Gary Braunbeck and Geoffrey Girard, and artist Melissa Gay gave a talk about her process for working on book covers.

There were plenty of books, copies of Apex Digest and artwork for sale. Jason also had set out a nice snack table, with soft drinks and chips and cheese and meats. I'd guess there were about a hundred people, coming and going, at the event while I was there, but I was only around maybe a half hour.

This was the second annual Apex Day, the first one being last year at a bookstore in Indiana. This one was at Joseph Beths in Lexington, and I think it's a cool idea to move the event around from year to year. That way you can reach different readers, and make it easier on different writers and artists to attend.

No comments: