Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm a Flashing Swords First Reader

Recently I have joined the fine people over at Flashing Swords as one of their First Readers, which means I am one of the folks who gets a first look at stories submitted to this fine publication.

This is a first for me, and I'm glad to lend a hand with their slush pile. I hope to provide editors and writers with my own little pearls of wisdom in hopes of continuing the excellence of Flashing Swords and maybe to even help it become a better publication than it already is (if that's even possible).

I'm also doing this for myself. It always helps to study other writers, to study their strengths and weaknesses, in hopes of making me a better editor and writer.

I'm glad to be part of the team.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hadn't heard that yet. Way cool!

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Yo, welcome to the family, man! I might have to do something about that title, though. I don't know why you should get to be called 'First' anything while I'm not. Called something equally or more impressive, that is. ;)