Friday, October 03, 2008

No. 29 - Neuromancer

by William Gibson

Started: October 3
Finished: October 11

Notes: This is a sci-fi classic originally published in the early 1980s. Though I was around back then, and reading, this one never made it into my reading pile until recently. So, it's off to another supposed classic. I'll let you know what I think.

Mini review: Okay, I didn't care much for it. This is far from the worst book I've ever read, but I was not overly delighted with anything here. The writing was a bit bland, mixed with lots of faux techno-jargon that didn't help. The plot was somewhat interesting once you figure out what's going on. And none of the characters were really worth caring about. Maybe if I had read this 15 to 25 years ago, I might have found it breathtaking in the way it foreshadowed the Internet before the Internet went public, but reading it now felt a little stale.

No comments: