Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No. 33 - Monster Planet

by David Wellington

Started: June 16
Finished: June 23

Notes: My recent readings have gotten me in the mood for some horror, so what better than a zombie novel? This one is the final book in a zombie trilogy, but it doesn't bother me that I haven't read the first two books. My understanding is each book somewhat stands on its own, and I've read one other book by this author and it was pretty decent.

Mini review: This one was kind of hit and miss for me. There were parts I enjoyed quite a bit, then others not so much. This wasn't so much a zombie novel (though there are plenty of zombies around) but a novel about more powerful undead and the power games they play against one another. Not bad, but I prefer my zombies mindless without some kind of big, bad other behind everything they do. Just me. Still, I've read a couple of this author's books now and would be interested to read more. Lots and lots of action here.

No comments: