Wednesday, February 10, 2010

No. 9 - Death Troopers

by Joe Schreiber

Started: February 10
Finished: February 12

Notes: I'm not a big fan of modern Star Wars fiction, nor of the modern movies (though "Sith" was the best of the lot, in my opinion). Still, zombies and Star Wars? I couldn't pass that up. I've been hankering to sink my teeth into this novel since I first heard about it a year or so ago. And I'm in the mood for some mindless entertainment reading. Perhaps this will suffice.

Mini Review: The most feared two words in the Star Wars universe are not "Lord Vader" or "Death Star." Oh, no. Those evils are quite quaint. Try, "zombie wookies." Now those are two words that should send shivers down the spine of any Stormtrooper. This was a fun book. Some gore, but not over-the-top, and there was a surprise appearance in the middle of the book of some favorite characters. A fun, breezy read that kept me wanting more.

No comments: