Monday, July 26, 2010

My latest projects

I've not mentioned lately what I've been working on, so I thought now was as good a place as any.

Mostly I've been trying to do a lot of promotion for my Kobalos epic fantasy trilogy, specifically my e-book City of Rogues. Mostly it's working, as my sales are better this month than ever so far.

But I've been writing. A week or so ago I finished the first draft of a horror short story, tentatively titled "Born to Bring Trouble." I'm setting that story aside for a month or two to let it gel, then I'll get to editing it.

The biggest project I'm currently working on is my novella, Bayne's Climb, and I believe I'm a little more than halfway finished with it. It should be about 45,000 words once completed. I started Bayne's Climb earlier this year but set it aside because I got busy with real life stuff, but recently I picked it up again and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Bayne's Climb is my attempt to mix Sword and Sorcery with a sort of literary style and plot. I kind of got the idea from reading some of the works of Jack Vance. Will the novella work? I don't know. I'm enjoying it, but only time will tell if readers wills.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the sales. I always like to let a project sit for a bit before I give it the final polish