Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New leather satchel

Besides my new mini computer, I recently bought another new toy. And I think I love it more than the computer.

It's a Classic Satchel from the fine folks at Far Horizon Traders.

What exactly is a Classic Satchel?

Well, it's basically a big shoulder bag. Or a man purse, as my other half calls it.

This thing is rugged. It's got a good heft to it, and it's made of thick leather. It basically looks like a big saddle bag with a long strap on it.

It's also quite simplistic, which I can appreciate. No fancy inner linings, handles or zippers here. Just two buckles to hold the top down, a carrying strap, a small pouch on the inside for a cell phone and a strip of leather that can hold a pen or pencil.

I was even fortunate enough to get it for half price. I contact Matt with Far Horizon Traders' customer service and asked him about their bags, and he was kind enough to inform me they were having a half-price sale on bags that had minor blemishes.

But don't let the idea of a minor blemish turn you off. When I got my bag, the first thing I did was look it over to find out just what kind of minor blemish it had. All I could find were two very vague slightly bluish smears that looked sort of like ink had been spilled. You can barely see those smears. In the image below, you can see one of those smears in the top left corner.

So I'm happy with the bag. And I got it for less than a hundred bucks.

And to quote Alan from the Hangover movie, "It's not a purse. It's a satchel. Indiana Jones had one."

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I have a couple of these kinds of bags. I used to carry 'em in my saddle bags on my bike but don't use 'em much anyomre. They aren't this cool

Clark said...

Nice man purse dude. It's much more metro than my Dokkers bag. Looks sweet!

GraceKrispy said...

Nice man bag! Anything Indiana Jones had is good with me! Better if you fill it with the cool things he had and carry a whip...