Monday, April 18, 2011

My next novel, or the return of Kron Darkbow

I recently finished my Sword of Bayne trilogy, and I'm glad that's behind me. It's time to move on.

But as always happens with me once I've finished a major project, I wonder what I should work on next.

I had looked forward to getting into a horror novel, but recently I kind of lost interest. I had not wanted to venture into another fantasy novel or series, mainly because that's what I'd spent the last year working on, but all of a sudden I felt a yearning to write another Kron Darkbow novel.

So it seems that's what I'm going to do. I've started the next Kron novel, which is currently titled Ghosts of the Asylum.

As I'm early in the project, I suppose it's not impossible I might feel myself being pulled in another direction, and I might go off onto another project. But rarely does that happen to me. Once I've begun a project, I usually stick with it until the end, barring some minor distractions such as a short story here and there.

Okay, gotta go. Kron has a riot to confront.

Literally, a riot.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Seems I have to many projects I just start and then the real job hits and I'm stuck.