Sunday, May 29, 2011

Books read in 2011: No. 26 - High Fidelity

High Fidelityby Nick Hornby

Started: May 29
Finished: May 31

Notes: I've heard great things about this author, and I've enjoyed several movies based upon his work, so I thought I'd give him a try. Plus, I picked this one up cheap at a used book store.

Mini review: Just what I needed, a quick, fun, sort of sassy read (if the word "sassy" can be used in connection with men and men's fiction ... I'm just not sure what other word to use). Pretty much sticks to the movie version, with a handful of relatively minor changes. The writing style reminded me somewhat of a less frantic Chuck Palahniuk, which is not a bad thing at all as I love Pahalniuk's writing, but find it a little too intense sometimes. I'll be reading more by this author, I'm sure.

No comments: