Thursday, September 08, 2011

Books read in 2011: No 43 - Dust of Dreams

Dust of Dreams: Book Nine of The Malazan Book of the Fallenby Steven Erikson

Started: September 8
Finished: October 10

Notes: I really was not wanting to read something this long, more than a thousand pages, at this point, but there are only two novels left in this series and I'm really looking forward to the end. Plus, of late I've been studying Steven Erikson's writings and I'm just starting to get a feel for how he works his plots and characters; thus, another reason to read on. Need another? The books in this series are big motivations for my own writing.

Mini review: Damn you, Steven Erikson, you actually made me cry during a battle scene. And that's never happened before! It wasn't a sadness that brought tears to my eyes, but pride. Hail the marines, indeed, sir. You keep writing and I'll keep reading.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I still have yet to read an Erikson although I imagine I would enjoy him. So many books.

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Awesome commentary Ty. And I know what you mean -- SE's books have put many lumps in my throat for many, many reasons.