Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 14 - Yesterday's Gone: Episode 1

by Sean Platt and David Wright

Started: February 22
Finished: February 22

Notes: This e-book drew my interest because it seems to be an experiment in serial fiction, telling a longer story in episodes. Each month another 100 pages is released. It doesn't hurt that it's a sort of post-apocalyptic tale, and I've heard it reminds some folks of the TV show LOST, which I generally enjoyed.

Mini review: I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Though this is not perfect, it's actually pretty solid writing with an interesting plot and intriguing characters. If Stephen King were writing The Stand today and mixed in elements of the LOST television show and The Walking Dead graphic novels, it would be something like this. I'll be reading more of this series.

No comments: