Saturday, May 05, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 42 -- The Queen of the Swords

by Michael Moorcock

Started: May 5
Finished: May 9

Notes: This is the second novel in a trilogy commonly called "The Chronicles of Corum" or "The Books of Corum." They are, as stated, about the adventures of Corum, a Vadhagh prince who travels worlds on various adventures. I read the first novel, The Knight of the Swords, about five years ago and have been meaning to get back to this series ever since.

Mini review: This one started a little stilted for me, almost archaic in tone, but that's to be expected somewhat from much of '60s and early '70s Sword and Sorcery literature. But by the halfway point I was more into the story, and I much like the ending, leaving me ready for the final book in this trilogy.

No comments: