Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 46 -- Conspiracies

by F. Paul Wilson

Started: May 22
Finished: May 25

Notes: A few years back I read one of Wilson's other Repairman Jack novels and enjoyed it quite a bit, so I thought it time to picked up another one and give it a go.

Mini review: An exciting read and fun with great characters. However, there were certain background elements of the plot that struck me as almost amateurish, as if thought up by a young beginning writer (not that there's anything wrong with that ... all of us are young at one point and all writers are beginners at one point). I don't mean this to be insulting, but I expected a little stronger background from such a strong author as Wilson. But please don't overthink my minor complaint here, because that is all it is meant to be, minor. Overall, this was an excellent read, and I'll be looking for more Repairman Jack novels in the future.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've read several of these, but not this one. I went through a Repairman Jack phase and have been out of it for a good while now.