Monday, June 18, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 54 -- Carved in Memory

by Ethan Jones

Started: June 17
Finished: June 17

Notes: This author was recently one of my interview subjects, and I do try to read material from some of the writers I interview, especially when they've got a freebie available, such as this short story. I love discovering new writers, and not only do I like to try out their material, but I like to study how they do what they do on the page (or digital screen, as the case may be).

Mini review: There's some fine action writing here. Also, this is more than a short story, but also a preview to Jones' novels. The first-person tale here is right out of the television show "24," so those who are Jack Bauer fans should eat this stuff up. The basic plot? Well, I'll try not to give too much away, but let's just say secret agent (of sorts) Justin Hall has been captured by terrorists and has to find a way to escape while also saving another prisoner.

No comments: