Monday, June 25, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 57 - Cross

by James Patterson

Started: June 23
Finished: June 26

Notes: I've never actually read a Patterson novel, but considering he is one of the most popular authors in the world, I've been thinking for some time I should check him out. I've seen a movie or two based upon his works, but I've never read any of his books. Now is the time.

Mini review: This was one of the easiest reads I've had in a while. Patterson is a very bare-bones writer. But while I enjoyed the flow of the text, I wasn't particularly enthralled by the plot or the characters. The plot was a bit too simple for my taste, and the characters weren't wooden but they weren't exactly jumping to life on the page for me. The writing style is very interesting, and I can see why this author is so popular, his words flying through the readers mind so swiftly it's almost more like watching a movie than reading a novel. Would I read Patterson again? Probably, but nothing here is telling me I need to read more from him. Maybe I'll feel differently eventually, but for now I think I got what I wanted from studying this author.

No comments: