Sunday, August 12, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 64 -- Charade You Are


by Reagan Pheasant

Started: August 12
Finished: August 12

Notes: This little e-book was first brought to my attention on Facebook by none other than Charles Gramlich. As far as I could tell from Charles's description, this is sort of a political tale of bizarro fiction. Charles was seeking others' reactions to the piece, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Mini review: I'm truly not sure what to make of this piece of fiction. It's somewhat of the gonzo variety, but it seems to have a semi-political message behind it, but not one that leans toward any particular side, more as if it hearkens toward a middle path. I can't disagree with that point of view, and wish I'd see more of it. However, the ideas here are expressed in a fashion not for every reader. There is some violence here, but stronger are the sexual overtones. I didn't have a problem with such, but realize some readers will. Overall, the writing was actually of strong quality, and the writer can tell a story. As weird as this material was, I'd like to see more from this writer, to see the direction he or she takes their fiction.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Kind of my thoughts on the story too. It was just so weird I kinda wanted to see if others had a similar reaction to it.