Monday, December 31, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 98 -- The Viscount and the Witch

by Michael J. Sullivan

Started: Dec. 31
Finished: Dec. 31

Amazon link: The Viscount and the Witch, short story (The Riyria Chronicles)

Notes: I've been meaning to read this fantasy author for some while now. He has grown in popularity in the last few years, and I've run into him over at Reddit. He seems like a decent fellow, and he seems to know what he's talking about. Also, from bits and pieces of samples of his work that I have seen, he seems to know how to write. This is the first whole piece I'll have a read of his, a short story about the two characters central of Sullivan's longer works.

Mini review: Quite the nice story. Nothing too dramatic here, not an abundance of action, but the relationship between the characters is fantastic, and the writing solid. Also, the characters themselves are quite interesting. Yes, I'm sold. I'll be looking for more from this author.

No comments: