Monday, July 15, 2013

Books read in 2013: No. 36 -- Cla$$war #1

by Rob Williams

illustrations by Trevor Hairsine

Started: July 15
Finished: July 15

Notes: I'd never read a comic book or graphic novel on my Kindle, so I thought I'd give it a go. I figure this will be no easy task as my Kindle is one of the older K3 models.

Mini review: I was right. Reading a graphic story on my K3 was a pain, but I found this comic online and managed to read it there. Good art, better than most, but didn't really stand out as anything different or unique to me. The story was right out of today's headlines, and it felt a bit cliched to me, superheroes getting caught up in modern America's troubles, basically taking sides on politics but with some fists flying and explosions. Not a bad story, but nothing exceptional in my opinion. I might check out some other issues to see where the story goes.

No comments: