Monday, January 27, 2014

Books read in 2014: No. 5 -- Implements of Sacrifice

by anonymous

Started: Jan. 21
Finished: Jan. 27

Notes: This fantasy novel has not been published as of yet. A friend of mine recently finished the novel and was asking some advice of me when I offered to take a look at it for him. Which is no small part why I'm reading it. I don't normally do this, read beginning novelists' work before publication, mainly because I don't have the time for it, but this time I made an exception as I'm interested to see what my friend does with his writing. I've kept his name anonymous for the time being, but once he publishes I will likely come back and place his name above, as well as include a cover shot.

Mini review: As can be expected from a first time novelist, this one's rough around the edges, but there is a solid story here, I believe, and quite interesting characters. In fact, the characters were the strongest element here, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

If you can master the characters a lot of roughness can be overlooked.