Sunday, June 29, 2014

Books read in 2014: No. 24 -- Amber Magic (Haven Series #1)

by BV Larson

Started: June 26
Finished: June 29

Notes: BV Larson has been a prolific and popular independent author/publisher for going on five years now, being one of the early risers among the fantasy and science fiction genres. A few years back I interviewed him and I made an appearance on his site, but until now I'd not given myself the opportunity to check out his work and see why he has thrived as an indie.

Mini review: More adventurous fairy tale than true epic fantasy, I thought this one started off pretty good, but then it seemed to bog down and remain slow almost until the end. It wasn't that things weren't happening, just that there seemed little sense of urgency. But that's just my opinion.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've not read anything by Larsen. Have seen the name around