Friday, July 11, 2014

Practice paintings of old


I have not touched a paint brush in almost a year, and I have not posted anything here about my painting in quite a while, yet I have been feeling the itch again lately and am preparing to start up again.

To those ends, I recently cleaned out the building where I used to paint back in the woods behind my house, and I ran across a number of small practice pieces I thought worth posting here. All of these were done in order to test out a new brush and/or a new technique. None of them are great, but I find them of interest for one reason or another, and they are different than the direction I'm thinking of heading with my next painting sessions.

Anyway, here they are.





5 comments:

Adventuresfantastic said...

I like them. Is the fourth one Kron Darkbow?

Ty said...

Ack! You found me out, Keith. Yep, that would be Mr. Darkbow making an appearance.

Charles Gramlich said...

Wish I could draw but I've got no talent along those lines at all.

Unknown said...

Will we ever see anymore from Adara

Ty said...

Hi Heather,

If you meant paintings, probably not, but I'd never completely rule it out.

However, if you meant Adara appearing in more of my writing ... oh, most definitely. She is not out of the picture, not at all, and I have plans for her. It's just taking me a while to get back around to her. But don't worry, she's keeping busy while Kron and others are doing their thing. I'm even considering a prequel of sorts for Adara, telling a little of your past.