Friday, October 02, 2015

Books read in 2015: No. 24 -- Waking Up

by Ted Dekker

Started: Oct. 2
Finished: Oct. 2

Notes: Subtitled "How I Found My Faith by Losing It," this short book is apparently the spiritual journey of bestselling thriller author Ted Dekker. It's not often you see a popular fiction writer talk about such subjects, at least not personally and in depth, so I thought I would look into it.

Mini review: Throughout this book the author kept asking, "Can you relate?" Unfortunately, my answer has to be, "No, I cannot." This isn't a bad thing. The writer and I are simply on different spiritual/emotional/mental paths, at least at this point in my life. Really this is a teaser e-book for a longer, more informative, book, but I feel no need to go there after reading this. Other readers might find something here that strikes upon them, and I wish them well.

No comments: