Saturday, April 30, 2016

Books read in 2016: No. 12 -- Monster Manual: Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition

by Wizards of the Coast

Started: April 27
Finished: April 30

Notes: I've been doing a little editing work in the world of role playing games of late, and I've been making use of this book somewhat. However, I hadn't read it front to back yet, and I've been thinking I should do this because it could help with my editing work, and I'll likely find the information interesting as I'm also a player of the D&D game. For those who don't know, the Monster Manual is just that, a collection of monsters that characters in the D&D game might face in combat.

Mini review: I'm glad I read this one. It definitely gave me some ideas for my own games, and it was a nice trip down nostalgia lane from my earliest days of D&D back in the early '80s. Yes, if you're a dungeon master, this book will be a huge boon to you. And if you just like to read about fantastical monsters, you'll probably enjoy this book even if you're not a tabletop role playing gamer.

No comments: