Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Books read in 2016: No. 25 -- Red Sonja #0

art by Mel Rubi

writing by Michael Avon Oeming and Mike Carey

Started: June 14
Finished: June 14

Notes: As I'm on a bit of a comic books binge of late, I thought I'd try something new. Boy, was I glad to see Dynamite Entertainment has brought back the Red Sonja character! I figure the best place to start is with Issue 0.

Mini review: A fairly straight-forward short story here, not bad but not great, but the artwork impressed me quite a bit. Old-school Sword & Sorcery fans will find something here to like. Those with a more modern bent might scoff at the slinky scales that are supposed to pass for armor, but at least there's a fair amount of action to be found.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I do believe I have this one. Going through my comics now so I'll soon find out.