Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Books read in 2016: No. 54 -- Let's Get Digital: How to Self-Publish and Why You Should

by David Gaughran

Started: Oct. 17
Finished: Nov. 2

Notes: This e-book was a big boost to the indie writing community when it first came out about five years ago. I skipped it then, but more recently I thought I would check out its updated version. Maybe I'll learn a few things or pick up some tips, or maybe it'll simply act as a push for me to get off my butt and work more.

Mini review: As expected, there wasn't much new here for me, so for myself this was somewhat of a drag to read. That being said, I can't think of a better book or e-book for beginning indie writers to sink their teeth into. Gaughran lays everything out in simple form and provides enough links to more complex material. However, even though this is an updated version, the publishing world changes so quickly nowadays that even this might soon be somewhat out of date.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

That's the thing. This stuff can become out of date so quickly

Ty said...

Yep, it can be difficult to keep up. That's why a while back I just stopped. I do my own thing and don't pay much attention to what else is going on. Besides, if some big, earthshaking thing happens in the book world, I'll hear about it sooner or later.