Friday, January 26, 2018

Books read in 2018: No. 6 -- The Frumious Bandersnatch

by Ed McBain

Started: Jan. 23
Finished: Jan. 26

Notes: It's been far too long, nearly a year, since I've read any McBain, one of my favorite authors, so it's time to jump back into one of his 87th Precinct novels.

Mini review: A rock star is kidnapped from a yacht during a party and the gang of the 87th has to move on it along with the Feds. The first chapter threw me because it took quite a while to set up the plot, and such length for a one-chapter set-up is unusual for McBain, but soon after I got into the story. I have to say, of the dozens of 87th Precinct novels I've read, this one wasn't necessarily the best, but it was definitely the most sad with the saddest ending I've yet to read from this author. A shame he's not still with us and writing.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've only read a couple of these. I tend to like his other mysteries better