Friday, March 30, 2018

Books read in 2018: No. 20 -- Eighty Million Eyes

by Ed McBain

Started: March 28
Finished: March 30

Notes: I've read quite a few of these 87th Precinct novels this year, and while I'm not in a rush to finish the whole series, there are a lot of these books, so I am trying to make my way through them. Here's another.

Mini review: A comedian dies on live television before an audience of millions, and a woman is stalked by a man intent upon making sure she can't date anyone else. These are the cases the boys of the 87th have to deal with in this book. This one was a little more melodramatic than the usual 87th tales, but since such is a rarity, I suppose in an odd way it makes sense for it to happen at least once. As always, I enjoyed the reading. It's not so much the plotting that draws me to these novels, but the writing I love, and I've grown to feel like the characters are, in a way, family and friends. I'll be reading more.

No comments: