Sunday, March 24, 2019

Beer of the week: Blue Eyed Blonde

Beer score: 7.8

Company: Black Creek Brewery

ABV: 5.6
IBU: Not reported

So recently I took a trip to a small town near me with the intent of trying out their brewery, a place that's only been there a year or two. To tell the truth, I wasn't expecting much. In my experience, the vast majority of little breweries and brewpubs throughout North Carolina are nothing exceptional; they're not necessarily bad, but they tend to be nothing great, one ale from a brewpub tasting pretty much like any other.

However, I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the Blue Eyed Blonde from Black Creek Brewery in Roxboro, North Carolina.

It had a light, almost fluffy texture to it that was just right for my mood. Those who want something heavier and stronger will have plenty of options at Black Creek, so don't let the lightness of this one beer draw you away.

The taste was also light with more than a touch of citrus, though not enough to be annoying, really just the right amount. There was the barest hint of a little sourness reminiscent of an IPA, which is nothing to sneeze at, and the rest was a light honey swallow that would go great with many a meal or even just by itself. This reminded me more than a little of some of the lighter Belgian beers.

Now that I've tried one Black Creek beer, I'll have to head back for others. If their other beers are anywhere near as good as this one, then I should have something fun and tasty to look forward to.

No comments: