Thursday, June 06, 2019

Books read in 2019: No. 34 -- Defender, The Sanctuary Series: Volume One

by Robert J. Crane

Started: May 31
Finished: June 6

Notes: I have a ton of e-books on my Kindle which I don't remember why I snagged them in the first place. This is one of them. I don't know if I got this e-book free, whether I paid for it, if it was a gift from the author, whatever, but there must have been something that drew me to it. As I'm reading fantasy of late, I thought I'd give this one a go. Plus, I'm always interested in trying authors new to me. And all these e-books aren't going to read themselves.

Mini review: This was a pretty good book. It had several issues, including a somewhat scattered plot line, too many characters thrust upon the reader too quickly, and characters who seemed rather wooden at first. Also, this is obvious Dungeons-&-Dragons-based fiction, which doesn't bother me but is a turn off for some readers. But don't let any of that stop you from reading this. This is actually a good story, written decently well, with very interesting character interactions and relationships. I'm glad I read it and will strongly consider picking up more of the fantasy works of this author.

No comments: