Monday, June 22, 2020

Beer of the Week: Omission Pale Ale

Beer score: 7.1

Company: Omission Brewing Co.

ABV: 5.8
IBU: 33

I don't know if this beer is actually gluten free, but I do know the label says it was "crafted to remove gluten" ... so, maybe?

Either way, this is a pretty tasty beer. Also, it looks like a pale ale and tastes like a pale ale, so even if it's gluten free, the lack of gluten doesn't hurt this brew.

From the bottle into the glass it pours a light orange, dark gold color, and leaves behind a fairly thin head of only a half inch or so.

A very balanced beer here with a fine malty flavor, but not so much as to ruin the drink. Has a nice amber flavor that's not weak and maybe just a touch of citrus.

Gluten free or not, I could see this being a regular beer for tasting or drinking. I'd think even most beer snobs would find this a decent beer. And if the bottle and website hadn't informed me, I wouldn't know this was gluten free.

No comments: