Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 3 -- Lady at the O.K. Corral: The True Story of Joesphine Marcus Earp


Started: Jan. 10
Finished: Jan. 20

Notes: Believe it or not, I did not purchase this book when I visited Tombstone, Arizona a few years ago, site of the gunfight at the O.K. Corral. Instead, I found it at a used book store in North Carolina, but thought I'd read it now since I'm in the middle of a spell of reading about the Old West. Also, for some time now I've been interested in Josephine Marcus Earp, the actress who married Wyatt Earp.

Mini review: For those wanting to learn more about Tombstone and the gunfight at the O.K. Corral, there will not be much new information here. However, for those who are seeking knowledge of Wyatt and Josephine Earp's life after the events of Tombstone, there is much to be found here. The writer is mostly sympathetic towards her subject matter, but is more than willing to tell when others had negative recollections of Wyatt and Josephine. The writing style is not a favorite of mine, but it's not awful.

No comments: