Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 5 -- Shane


Started: Jan. 24
Finished: Jan. 27

Notes: Yep, this is the Western novel which was the basis for the famous 1953 movie starring Alan Ladd. I enjoy the movie, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Mini review: Though I've read this was a children's book back in the day, it would probably be considered too strong for kids today, at least by most parents. No, this tale was written for the boys of my father's generation, and I have to say maybe we've lost a little because of this. Anyway, this was a pretty good book, and it didn't seem childish to me at all though told from the point of view of a boy. The movie version pretty much sticks to this novel, though some scenes shown in the movie were only told of here, and there are some minor differences. Western fiction fans would do themselves a service to read this.

No comments: