Thursday, February 11, 2021

Concealed Carry: The 3 Speed Holster

I've not written a weapons post in a long while, but I've been excited about a recent purchase so I just had to share about it.

Like many firearms enthusiasts and those who carry concealed or openly, I'm always on the lookout for a new holster. A good holster, one that's just perfect for you, isn't always easy to find, and most gun enthusiasts will have a bunch of them, some they use and some they were disappointed with and are shoved back in a closet somewhere. To those who don't carry, being picky about a holster might seem silly, but it's actually quite important to have a good holster for safety purposes and for comfort and fit.
So, I'm always looking.

And recently I read about the 3 Speed Holster.

I was a little skeptical at first, but after ordering one and now wearing it some, I have to say I love it!

It straps around your waist and connects with a long velcro strap that you can cut shorter if you want. The actual holster is fitted to whatever you carry, in my case a Beretta 92FS, not a small or particularly light handgun. The "belt" is for inside-the-waistband carry but I don't see why it couldn't be carried outside the waistband as long as you're wearing a long shirt or something similar.

What made this holster stand out for me is that it can be worn by a big guy such as myself, and comfortable holsters for those of us who are plus sized can be especially difficult to find. That being said, the 3 Speed Holster isn't just for big guys, it's for all sizes, and when ordering you specify your dimensions.

Also, I love the fact you can wear this holster with practically anything, including sweatpants, which are notoriously difficult to find holsters or gun belts for.

So far my 3 Speed Holster is comfortable and molds slightly to the body. Also, it can be shifted up and down quite easily, so I suppose you could pull it higher up near your chest if you wanted.

Mine came with a slot for a spare magazine, but if my memory serves, you can specify not having the slot for extra magazines when ordering.

I love this thing. I don't know yet if it'll be my regular, go-to holster for pants and jeans, but I'll definitely be utilizing it for sweatpants and shorts and the like.
No, that's not my Beretta. This is a stock photo from the 3 Speed Holster company, but it's a good example of what they have to offer.


No comments: