Thursday, September 23, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 33 -- Space Viking

by H. Beam Piper

Started: Sept. 12
Finished: Sept. 23

Notes: Since I've been on something of a sci-fi kick of late, I thought I'd read more from an author I've generally enjoyed over the years.

Mini review: I have to admit to being disappointed with this one. With a title like Space Viking, I expected there to be a lot of action, but there really isn't. The story takes place in a universe not all that different than the original Star Trek series except instead of a Federation there are royals and pirates, and much of this tale is about world building. There's a rather dark scene at the beginning and a big fight near the end, but even those aren't all that interesting. Well, this was one of Piper's earlier works, and I know he gets better, so I'm not turning my back on him completely.

No comments: