Monday, November 01, 2021

Beer of the Week: Salty Turtle Oktoberfest

Beer score: 7.2

Company: Salty Turtle Beer Company

ABV: 5.5
IBU: NA

Recently I was in the Outer Banks area of North Carolina and had the pleasure of stopping in at a beer and wine bar known as The Growler. There I had the good fortune to try this beer.

As readers of this blog might know, I'm not usually a big fan of seasonal or holiday brews, but this one might change my mind. Truly, it was one of the best autumn beers I've tried in years.

I feared this one might be overly sweet, but truly it had little sweet in it, though there was a strong, cool bitterness that was yet not overpowering. Quite smooth and a quality thirst quencher. There were the barest hints of blonde here, which probably is what helped smooth things out, plus a touch of citrus.

Yeah, I'd drink this one again.


No comments: