Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 46 -- On the Run

by John D. MacDonald

Started: Dec. 13
Finished: Dec. 15

Notes: I've only read one MacDonald novel and that was nearly three decades ago and I remember nothing about it, but over the years I've kept hearing great things about this author, so I thought I'd give him another go.

Mini review: This one was all right. Not great, but not awful. There was some good writing here, but there were also stretches which bored me. A young man is on the run after some trouble with a gangster, but then he must return to his childhood home in order to receive a hefty inheritance from a dying grandfather. Along the way this fellow and the grandfather's nurse fall in love with one another. The ending is not a happy one, but it set things up for what would be an interesting tale.

No comments: