Monday, April 18, 2022

Beer of the Week: Is This Thing Cursed?

Beer score: 6.4

Company: Petty Thieves Brewing Co.
ABV: 4.2
IBU: NA

The Petty Thieves brewing folks in Charlotte, North Carolina, are always putting out different beers, often only temporarily. Seems they like to experiment a lot, but I've had good results from them.

This one is a very light gold in color with a touch of cloudiness. It's brewed with alfalfa and lemon grass, and I have to admit there is a hint of that in the smell but not so much as to be annoying. If you like those scents, you'll enjoy this beer.

Has a nice foamy head and you can feel the froth in your mouth. Has a solid grassy taste with a medium bitterness. Not much sweetness here that I could detect, but the bitter isn't so strong as to ruin the drinking.

If you enjoy lighter but bitter beers that aren't dark in texture or flavor, you'll probably like this beer. I can't claim it as a favorite, but I did enjoy it and would drink it again. I predict this would make a quality beer for bar food, wings and mini-burgers and the like.

No comments: