Monday, May 16, 2022

Books read in 2022: No. 14 -- The Varieties of Religious Experience

by William James

Started: April 18
Finished: May 16

Notes: This is a collection of lectures from more than a century ago. I expect it to be quite dated, but it should be of interest since it's a psychologist/philosopher looking at religion. Perhaps I'll learn something new.

Mini review: This was a long one, but interesting. The author's own writing is not that bad, but he uses numerous clippings culled from other books and letters and such, and most of those are repetitive to the point of becoming dull. I will have to say the author gave me a few new ways of thinking about spirituality, so that's a plus. I can't recommend this book for most readers, but those who have interests in psychology and philosophy might find a few things here to perk their interest.

No comments: