Monday, June 27, 2022

Beer of the Week Blast from the Past: Old Scratch Amber Lager

Beer score: 5.9

This one was something of a staple beer for the Flying Dog Brewery back in the 1990s, and since I hadn't had one since that long ago, I thought I'd go looking to try it again. Lo and behold, I discovered it's no longer in production.

Well, as always with my "Blast from the Past" posts, I've got my old notes to go on.

It poured a light amber color into the glass with a slight scent of caramel and a little fruit. The fizz was quite strong but didn't last. The flavor also wasn't overly strong, fairly light and reminding me of the premium "red" beers that were a thing back in the '90s.

Was this an exceptional beer? No. Was it a better than average beer? Uh, yeah!

Maybe they'll bring this one back some day.

No comments: