Thursday, July 30, 2026

Books read in 2026: No. 9 -- Doctor Sleep

by Stephen King

Started: June 18
Finished: July 30

Notes: As this one is a sequel to King's The Shining, I've been looking forward to reading it for some time.

Mini review: This one took me a lot longer to read because initially I found it completely predictable, leaving me to believe I have read to much Stephen King. For the first three-fourths of this book, I always knew exactly what was going to happen to every character, and it bored me to the point of not wanting to read. But then something interesting happened. King flipped the script, so to speak, and the last fourth of this novel was quite good with a decent ending. I generally feel endings are one of King's weaknesses, but here it all came together quite well. Also, it was interesting to re-visit an old character or three, to see what had happened to them years later, though some of the new characters proved themselves worthy as well.

No comments: