Tuesday, July 24, 2007

No. 27 - Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows


by J.K. Rowling

Started: July 22
Finished: July 25

Notes: Stop laughing at me. No, I didn't wait in line late at night to get this book. My friend Robin did that, and she gave me the book as a late birthday present. Normally I would probably wait a while before jumping into a book I've just received or purchased, but I know all the so-called secrets will be bouncing around soon and thought I should read this one before I hear about everything.

Mini review: "Appropriate" is the first word that comes to mind when I think of how I feel about this final book in the series, and I don't mean "appropriate" in a bad way. The ending is pretty much how I expected it to be, and in some ways, hoped it would be. Despite all the raggin against Harry Potter and Rowling, I would give a new series or book by J.K. a chance. I could say plenty more, but I won't because I don't want to spoil anything for any potential readers.

1 comment:

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

I went ahead and read all the spoilers and comments. I know I won't be reading this book anytime soon, probably not even this year, so I just got it out of the way right away.

Would I do this again? Probably not. Never on a series that meant something to me.

I'll be interested to read your comments.