Thursday, July 26, 2007

No. 28 - The King of Elfland's Daughter


by Lord Dunsany

Started: July 25
Finished: July 30

Notes: I've never read any Dunsany, but he's been recommended by several authors I appreciate. So, here goes.

Mini review: Lyrical, musical prose. A decent plot, with a good (but kind of mixed) ending. Unfortunately, I was bored almost the entire time I was reading this. There was nearly no dialogue and I don't need to read repetitive page after page of description ... and it's not even really description, more of a tone setting. But 200 pages of tone setting? Sheesh. I can't say it was all bad, and I'm glad I read this one, but I don't think I'll be reading any more Dunsany soon.

3 comments:

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

I have this and one or two other Lord Dunsany books in my TBR piles, so I'll be anxious to read what you think.

I know I should read him someday, but there's always been something more interesting to choose.

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Those are the exact vibes I've been getting from Dunsany books, the reason they've long languished in my piles.

Thanks for being the advance scout on this one, Ty.

Ty said...

Anytime, dude.