Wednesday, October 10, 2007

For those about to review, we salute you

Since I started doing book reviews for Apex Digest,andsince I began listing all the books I'm reading this year, I've noticed on my Sitemeteraccount a good bit of traffic from authors and/or editors of the books I've reviewed. Obviously, I don't know for sure it's the author or editor, but it's funny when a good number of hits come from the same town or region listed as the author's town in the blurb in the back of their book or on their Web page.

I find this mildly ammusing, and have to admit I sometimes do the same thing.I think everyone, even non-writers, will Google themselves from time to time.But yeah, I'll look up my own name in connection with certain writing projects and/or publications.

And hey, if you happen to be one of those authors and/or editors ... feel free to drop me a note here.Let me know what you think of my reviews at Apex, and of my mini-reviews here on the blog.

1 comment:

Jason Sizemore said...

I use a Google Alert. :)