Tuesday, October 09, 2007

No. 38 - The Princes of The Golden Cage

by Nathalie Mallet

Started: October 9
Finished: October 15

Notes: This one is for one of my book reviews. I'm excited about this book because it's from Night Shade Books, a known great smaller publisher. I've read the first few pages already, and it starts really good, with a nice touch of mystery. I'm also interested in this one because the cover art shows it has an "Arabian Nights" feel to it.

Mini review: One of the most entertaining books I've read this year. The fantasy element is pretty light until the end, making this read almost more like a historical mystery tale, but there's nothing wrong with that. The mystery is included right at the beginning and keeps building throughout until the end, which provides some big surprises. I imagine good things for this debuting novelist.

No comments: