Saturday, January 05, 2008

No. 2 - Inferno

edited by Ellen Datlow
Started: January 5
Finished: January 23

Notes: This one will be for an Apex Onlinereview. Datlow is a well known anthology editor, though I've not readany of her other collections. I figure it's about time. One of thethings that drew me to reading this anthology was that it does not havea theme, which I found interesting, a way to experience Datlow'sinterests and style as an editor without being tied down to aparticular idea.

Mini review: Most of these tales are quite literary, centering upon relationships ... sometimes family relationships, sometimes friendships, etc. Fans of gore will not find a lot to like here, but for those who like to read about disturbing links between people, this one could be right up your alley. Honestly, it wasn't quite my thing, but the writing was good.

No comments: