Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The First Book Project

If you've not heard of the First Book Project, it is a program to help low-income children receive free books to better their education.

To help along the project, a number of authors are lending a hand at the No Trees Harmed site.

What can you do to help?

It's simple. Buy a book or e-book, one of the ones listed at the No Trees Harmed site. Each author is offering a different incentive, but here is my own: If my epic fantasy novel City of Rogues cracks the Top 100 Kindle e-books on Amazon, I will donate $500 to the First Book Project.

Some of the more skeptical of you might believe I'm doing this only for promotional benefits. And while I admit there is a little truth to that, the fact is kids and education and reading are of high interest to me. And yes, I do believe it's possible my novel could crack the top 100 list. City of Rogues has been as high as the 600s, so why not give it the extra push to reach 100 and help provide children with free books?

And if you aren't into epic fantasy or have already read City of Rogues or you just want something else, check out that list of other e-books available.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

A worthy cause. I'll check it out.