Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Books read in 2011: No. 46 - Stonehenge Today and Yesterday

by Frank Stevens

Started: September 28
Finished: October 6

Notes: This is another freebie for the Kindle. This edition is, I believe from 1916, so obviously it is out of date. But I'm really more interested in the thoughts of that time about Stonehenge than I am about Stonehenge itself, at least for this reading. I have seen other versions of this e-book online which include various drawings and chart, but they are not to be found here in my Kindle version. The lack of images is fine with me as I've seen all of them before numerous times and I'm fairly well aware of what Stonehenge looks like and the names and general conditions of the stones to be found there.

Mini review: A quick, easy read, and it covered a lot of ground in a fairly short amount of space. It surprises me how much they knew about Stonehenge even a hundred years ago, though some of the information likely wasn't as precise as it is today. Still, today and then, much about Stonehenge remains a mystery.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've picked up several of these freebies you've mentioned. will have to check this one out.