Sunday, March 18, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 22 - Bullets and Fire

by Joe R. Lansdale

Started: March 18
Finished: March 18

Notes: It has been a long, long while since I've read anything by this author, but I always found him to be quite the chilling horror writer, him having been one of the founders of the splatter punk movement in the 1980s. I'm most familiar with some of Lansdale's short stories from 20-plus years back, and I thought it time I gave him another read. Besides, my recent readings have got me in the mood for some horror.

Mini review: If you're looking for a story that packs a lot of punch but isn't completely filled with gore and blood, this is an excellent choice for you. I felt the ending could have been a bit stronger, but it's not bad. Be prepared for the action, 'cause when it hits it hits fast and hard and is somewhat unexpected.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I think Lansdale these days is more a thriller writer than a horror writer, although he always has some intense stuff happening. I like his stuff a lot. My favorite is one of his early books Nightrunners, I believe.